What are the steps in the Bankruptcy Process?
Major steps in the bankruptcy process include:
1. Contact a trustee for consultation
2. File for bankruptcy if you wish to proceed
3. Attend an examination, if requested, at the office of the Official Receiver
4. Attend a meeting with creditors, if requested
5. Apply to the Court for a discharge. If the bankrupt is a first time bankrupt, then there is an automatic discharge nine months after filing, unless opposed
6. Obtain a discharge from bankruptcy and be debt free
Contact Rumanek & Company Ltd. for more information on bankruptcy and debt solutions. Or please fill out the free bankruptcy evaluation form. To learn more please visit our YouTube Channel. Rumanek & Company have been helping individuals and families overcome debt for more than 25 years.