What are the obligations of a bankrupt?
The main obligations of a bankrupt, as described in the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act(sections 157.1 and 158), include:
- Declare his/her property to the trustee;
- Delivering all his/her credit cards to the trustee for cancellation;
- Delivering to the trustee all documents relating to his/her finances;
- Disclosing to the trustee any property or assets sold or given away;
- Attending an examination when required to do so;
- Attending the meeting of creditors when required to do so;
- Attending two financial counselling sessions;
- Cooperating with the trustee
Contact Rumanek & Company Ltd. for more information on bankruptcy and debt solutions. Or please fill out the free bankruptcy evaluation form. To learn more please visit our YouTube Channel. Rumanek & Company have been helping individuals and families overcome debt for more than 25 years.