Information about Collection Agencies: Know your Rights!
A collection agency is a company that works to get back money owed by people in debt. Creditors pay agencies to get their money.
- Collection agencies try to get the money you owe their client, do not panic.
- If you are unable to pay, it is best to contact them so they can report on your file that you have contacted them.
- If you reach an agreement with a collection agency, get it in writing.
- Never send cash and always get a receipt
- Know that a person from a collection agency must not make frequent and/or aggressive calls to you or your family members.
Contact Rumanek & Company Ltd. for more information on bankruptcy and debt solutions. Or please fill out the free bankruptcy evaluation form. To learn more please visit our YouTube Channel. Rumanek & Company have been helping individuals and families overcome debt for more than 25 years.