5 Ways to Stretch Your Grocery Dollars:
1. Stretch your grocery dollars and set a budget before you shop. For example, a couple should be able to spend $440/month if you plan ahead and plan properly.
2. Shop alone: children often convince parents to purchase unplanned items that range between $5-10 of unexpected groceries and often want processed, packaged snacks.
3. Plan meals, once a week, for the week and consider portion control: we often purchase too much, cook too much and end up wasting food.
4. Make it yourself: you can easily make pizza, lasagna, pie, soups, broth, boil beans, chop fruit and vegetables, blend juice, cut up your own chicken etc. Do not pay for someone else’s labor even though it’s convenient. If you do not know how to do something or make something just search online.
5. Buy fresh, local and in-season fruits and vegetables or if not possible, buy frozen. Fall-Winter fruits and vegetables include: beets, clementines, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, grapefruit starting in January, kale, kiwis, pears, potatoes, sweet potatoes and winter squash.
Contact Rumanek & Company Ltd. for more information on bankruptcy and debt solutions. Or please fill out the free bankruptcy evaluation form. To learn more please visit our YouTube Channel. Rumanek & Company have been helping individuals and families overcome debt for more than 25 years.